You are going to need some big juicy and sweet scallops for this recipe. I get mine freediving in the autumn months, then freezing them to enjoy during the winter. I don’t get many, maybe a dozen in two hours of hard graft, but they taste all the sweeter for it.
The main photo shows a simple salsa of fresh pineapple, sweetcorn, tomatoes, red chilli, red onion, lime juice and fresh coriander.
1 dozen large scallops
4 slices of Parma Ham or Serrano Ham
Glug of British cold pressed extra virgin rapeseed oil
4 pre soaked skewers
- First thread the of a slice of ham onto the skewer and then a scallop, keeping it all at the point, pushing down as you go along
- Carefully wrap the ham around the scallop and thread onto the skewer
- Continue until you have three scallops with ham woven between them
- Well oil the grill before adding the scallops
- Grill for 5-7 minutes a side – have a metal fish slice handy if the do start to stick
Add two tablespoons of salsa onto a plate and top with a skewer of scallops, enjoy with lots of dry white wine – bon appétit