Well another great turnout for the Dorset Chalkstream Club, the Wise Man was equally as busy serving wonderful food before the meeting.
First we had Allan Frake talk on the past & present & future of Chalkstreams across the country. Plenty of thought provoking ideas: what is a true chalkstream? what are the major factors currently effecting the chalkstreams? and where are we going………………
After a short break and chance to buy more of Harry’s flies.
It was then time for Paul Bullimore, who gave an insight into his successful salmon & sea trout fishing on the lower River Frome. As the majority of those present are trout anglers, it was hugely interesting to see how Paul tackles the tricky art of extracting salmon from the River Frome – follow Paul on his blog — chasingsalmon.blogspot.co.uk
Well that is it, the trout season is about to start so the Chalkstream Club will be on hold until the Autumn, but with the possibility of a mid summer BBQ…
I think everyone there owes a big thank you to John Aplin for organising the Club – THANKS
The next meeting is on Friday 22nd March 7.00pm in West Stafford village hall.
A very informal gathering of like minded people, an evening of fishing, fly tying, second hand tackle and chalk stream chat…..
- Slide show “Chalk streams, Past, Present and Future” by Allan Frake
- A social break…
- Slide show “Sea Trout and Salmon fishing on the Frome” by Paul Bullimore chasingsalmon.blogspot.co.uk
- Bring any fishing tackle you would like to sell for the “Second Hand Tackle Table”
- Harry Wallace will be there again selling his wonderful flies
- Information table, if you have any brochures you would like to put out please do
- Displays and information of work on Chalk Streams
- Ideas for future gatherings, your chance to get involved
- Drinks can be bought over from the Wise Man
There will be a small charge on the door to cover the hire of the village hall.
A fair few of us had a great meal in the “Wise Man” prior to the meeting, we will be doing this again at 6.oopm if you fancy booking a table telephone the pub on 01305 261970
If you would like to help out please ring John Aplin on 01305 257490 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Louds Mill then & now