The next Chalk Stream Club gathering, something exciting for your diaries… The Salmon season opens in March and the Trout season in April, roll on a nice warm spring…
The Dorset Chalk Stream Club will have its February social gathering at West Stafford Village Hall on Friday the 28th February starting promptly at 7.00pm doors open from 6.30pm
Please bring a plate of food to pop on the buffet table and bottle of your favorite tipple, or grab a drink from the Wise Man.
Another very exciting evening, great speakers covering a variety of fascinating topics.
- The Death (and Rebirth) of a Salmon River – Gyrodactylus salaris Controls in Norway – with Jonathan Hulland from CEFAS in Weymouth
- Return of the Natives Project; tackling Himalayan Balsam along Dorset’s river corridors and slowing the spread of other invasive plants – with James Parkin Dorset Wildlife Trust
- A concise(ish) look at Invasive and aquatic plant management – with Kevin Ackerman from Food and Environmental Ltd
- A break for food and liquid refreshments
- A World of Fly Fishing – with Alex Jardine from Aardvark Mc Leod International Fly Fishing Specialists
The usual second hand tackle table, also there will be lots of second hand fly tying kit on sale to raise a pound or two for the DFC
Large selection of fly fishing & fly tying books donated by a rather fine chef – all money raised will be donated the Dorset Wildlife Trust
Harry Wallace will be selling a great selection of Dry flies and a selection of his new Grayling patterns. Why not stock up for the coming season.
I will be keeping a selection of Harry’s flies at home for the rest of this season, so if you need any please give me a ring. 01305 257490
Open to all folk with a passion for our chalk streams and fly fishing… £2 on the door…