The Dorset Chalk Stream Club will have its fourth winter social gathering in West Stafford Village hall on Friday the 18th March 2016 starting at 7.30pm
The evening will be the usual totally informal celebration of the Chalk Stream, with the usual breaks for food and drink, alongside two slide shows.
Our first speakers will be Jacob Drew and Sarah Williams “Dorset Wild Rivers Project – Past and Future”
**The famous Chalk Stream Club buffet break**
After the break Roger Genge and Nick Gray will give their talk on “Fish passes, Woody debris, and Stoned gateways – Restoring West Dorset’s rivers and streams”
*Chalk Stream Club Fly Tier Brian Cleverton will be selling his Grayling and Trout flies and taking orders for your favorite patterns* (You can pre order a pattern if you like – 07900 806048)
- Please bring a plate of good food to pop on the buffet table.
- A bottle of your favorite tipple, or grab a drink from the Wise Man Inn
- Bring along any of your unwanted tackle, flies and books to sell on the second hand tackle table, and if you would like to have a stand (FOC), just give me a ring 01305 257490 or ping me an email – email@example.com
- Please bring friends along to meet fellow Chalk stream and fly fisher folk.
- News on meetings coming over this winter. Could you please avoid parking in the pub car park, use the village hall car park, in front of the pub or please park at our house (The Dairy House, map at the bottom of this link) just a short walk from the village. Entrance for this winters gatherings will now befree of charge. The heating and website will now be sponsored by West Dorset Foodie
- The Dorset Wildlife Trustthrough the Dorset Wild Rivers Project have very kindly sponsored the hire of the village hall for the Dorset Chalk Stream Club