The rather stormy weather continues, dust off your cobwebs and get to the next social gathering, an evening of fly fishing talks to wet your appetite for the coming spring
The Dorset Chalk Stream Club will have its Third winter social gathering in West Stafford Village hall on Friday the 26th February 2016 starting at 7.30pm
The evening will be the usual totally informal celebration of the Chalk Stream, with the usual breaks for food and drink, alongside two slide shows.
Our first speaker will be Mr David Burton “A river runs through IT” David has spent a season or two sorting out a few good fish from the Piddle, the Frome and further afield, Dartmoor and Exmoor..
**The famous Chalk Stream Club buffet break**
After the break Mr Richard Miller and Mr John Thorpe will give their talk on “Tales of Salmon and Sea Trout from the Oykel and Knoydart”
*Chalk Stream Club Fly Tier Brian Cleverton will be selling his Grayling and Trout flies and taking orders for your favourite patterns* (You can pre order a pattern if you like – 07900 806048)
- Please bring a plate of good food to pop on the buffet table.
- A bottle of your favourite tipple, or grab a drink from the Wise Man Inn
- Bring along any of your unwanted tackle, flies and books to sell on the second hand tackle table, and if you would like to have a stand (FOC), just give me a ring 01305 257490 or ping me an email – email@example.com
- Please bring friends along to meet fellow Chalk stream and fly fisher folk.
- News on meetings coming over this winter. Could you please avoid parking in the pub car park, use the village hall car park, in front of the pub or please park at our house (The Dairy House, map at the bottom of this link) just a short walk from the village.
Entrance for this winters gatherings will now be free of charge. The heating and website will now be sponsored by West Dorset Foodie
John E Aplin