The Dorset Chalk Stream Club will have its March social gathering in West Stafford Village hall on Friday the 27th March 2015 starting at 7.00pm
The evening will be a totally informal celebration of the Chalk Stream Club, with the usual breaks for food and drink, alongside two rather special guests and their presentations.
Richard Battersby “A wander through Wessex looking at some of the work and priorities of the EA’s Fisheries, Biodiversity and Geomorphology (FBG) team”
For those people that don’t know me I manage a passionate team of technical experts in the EA’s FBG team at Blandford Forum. I am also a passionate conservationist and angler who is quite happy fishing for the wild trout of the West Dorset streams one day and long trotting for chalk stream roach the next. A keen amateur mycologist, butterfly nut and chalk stream enthusiast make it pretty much the perfect job!
Then after our buffet break
Shaun Leonard Director of the Wild Trout Trust and his rather great presentation – Rough & Ready Rivers: Trout Heaven?
SEE WTT’s GREAT AUCTION ON E-BAY 3-12 MARCH 2015: Click here>>>>>
- Please bring a plate of good food to pop on the buffet table.
- A bottle of your favorite tipple, or grab a drink from the Wise Man Inn
- Bring along any of your unwanted tackle, flies and books to sell on the second hand tackle table, and if you would like to have a stand (f.o.c.), just give me a ring 01305 257490 or ping me an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please bring friends along to meet fellow Chalkstream and flyfisher folk.
- News on meetings coming in the new year.
Only £2.00 on the door.
Could you please avoid parking in the pub car park, use the village hall car park, in front of the pub or please park at our house (The Dairy House, map at the bottom of this link) just a short walk from the village.