The Dorset Chalk Stream Club will have its first winter social gathering in West Stafford Village hall on Friday the 4th of November 2016
starting at 7.30pm
Just look at the amazing evening we have lined up for you all…
Dry Fly River fishing obsession in northern England.
River Derbyshire wye
River Welsh Dee
River Welsh Severn
We shall be showing our fishing experiences on the iconic Derbyshire Wye which is unique to a wild rainbow trout that has been in the river since 1800s and by freak accident managed to sustain a wild population.
Also the River Dove (froome grayling) and the Welsh Dee and Severn shall be included in the talk.
The talk shall be directed at dry fly fishing techniques for preoccupied trout and grayling…flys shown shall be ones that are not known in the public eye.
Phil Ratcliffe (GAIA, FFF pro caster and guide ) will be on hand with casting techniques and questions to improve your line control.
The talk will be very informal and we would like all club members to join in the chat.
Some high res trout porn images shall be displayed on the projector.
Fishing stories will also be on the talk with some major success and failures.
After the chat and “Buffet break” we will have scott Webster at the vice showing his awesome ‘working’ flys.
Mark Brando will be selling a selection of wild pelts that cannot be purchased anywhere.
Glen Pointon (living the dream fly fishing blog, team wychwood game rivers, Haddon estate Wye fly fishing guide)
Phil Ratcliffe (GAIA, FFF, pro guide)
Scott Webster (big game stalker)
Mark Brando (river/game keeper)
Tim Roberts (Islay Scottish Loch’s)
- Please bring a plate of good food to pop on the buffet table.
- A bottle of your favourite tipple, or grab a drink from the Wise Man Inn
- Bring along any of your unwanted tackle, flies and books to sell on the second hand tackle table, and if you would like to have a stand (FOC), just give me a ring 01305 257490 or ping me an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please bring friends along to meet fellow Chalk stream and fly fisher folk.
- News on meetings coming over this winter. Could you please avoid parking in the pub car park, use the village hall car park, in front of the pub or please park at our house (The Dairy House, map at the bottom of this link) just a short walk from the village. Entrance for this winters gatherings will again be free of charge.
- The heating and website will again be sponsored by West Dorset Foodie
- The Dorset Wildlife Trust through the Dorset Wild Rivers Project have again very kindly sponsored the hire of the village hall for the Dorset Chalk Stream Club