The Dorset Chalk Stream Club will have its Christmas social gathering at West Stafford Village Hall on Friday the 20th December starting promptly at 7.00pm
Please bring a plate of food to pop on the buffet table and bottle of your favorite tipple, or grab a drink from the Wise Man.
Our “Home Beat” will be open for the club during the day if you fancy casting a fly at a Grayling or just pop in for a walk.. Please ping me an e mail to let me know you are coming. firstname.lastname@example.org
A very busy evening, great speakers covering a variety of fascinating topics.
- “Taking the P of the Piddle”- An update on the Frome & Piddle Catchment Initiative with Zoe Pittaway- Catchment Coordinator Wessex Water http://www.wessexwater.co.uk/environment/threecol.aspx?id=7525
- Update on the work done by the GWCT at the River Lab at East Stoke with Stephen Gregory http://www.gwct.org.uk/research/species/fish/salmon/
- A break for our fabulous Xmas buffet and more liquid refreshment.
- Christina Tooley, proprietor of “Chevron Hackles” fly tying materials, a must.. http://www.chevronhackles.com/
- Fly Fishing in Iceland with Charles Jardine http://www.charlesjardine.co.uk/
The usual second hand tackle table, also there will be lots of second hand fly tying kit on sale to raise a pound or two for the DFC
Large selection of fly fishing & fly tying books donated by a rather fine chef – all money raised will be donated the Dorset Wildlife Trust
Harry Wallace will be selling a great selection of Dry flies and a selection of his new Grayling patterns.
I will be keeping a selection of Harry’s flies at home for the rest of this season, so if you need any please give me a ring. 01305 257490
Open to all folk with a passion for our chalk streams and fly fishing…