We own a 10 square metre BBQ Cabin (aka Hygge / Grillkota Hut) with six walls that slope outwards, supplied and fitted by Barbecue Lodges, Somerset. Sat in the middle is a Polar Grill BBQ and this enables us to enjoy a BBQ whatever the weather is outside, actually the worse the weather the better the experience is. As you can see it is also a great play area for the grandchildren.
Cooking on an inside BBQ is exactly the same as if you were outdoors, but it is best to avoid over fatty foods like cheap burgers and sausages. These will create way too much rancid smoke and not good when in an enclosed space. You want your guests to eat fabulous food and often simple recipes using great produce will impress more. One good piece of advice is don’t try to cook everything at once, have lots of mini courses that you can cook leisurely, this will lower the stress levels and guests will enjoy watching you cook each course.
We love to cook seafood, chicken, vegetables, vegetarian and vegan food on the BBQ and are a big fan of Middle Eastern spices, so expect to see a lot of these recipes. All these recipes are really only a guide, please feel free to add or subtract ingredients to suit your own tastes.
We will be adding more recipes, so please revisit regularly to see our latest delicious additions.
- Fish in Parcels – Great way to cook delicate fish on a BBQ
- Grilled King Prawns – Easy to prepare and easy to cook
- Skewered Scallops – Fabulous starter
- Grilled Vegetables – Easy to prepare and cook
- Grilled New Potatoes – We enjoy ours with fish in parcels or a juicy steak
- Portobello Mushroom Burger – Super satisfying juicy burger
- Tandoori Tofu – Super tasty Indian dish
- Chicken Breast Burger – Middle Eastern Style
- Asparagus and Parma Ham – Simple and impressive
- Fruit Tart – Yes pastry on a BBQ
- Grilled Pineapple – Very decadent and delicious dessert
- Stewed Fruit – Doesn’t sound very exciting, but it really is the ideal BBQ dessert
- Chapatis – Quick and easy flatbread recipe